- Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES)
- Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES)
- Volunteers in all 72 Counties
Augment or provide supplemental communications and warning operations, during times of emergency.
- In Wisconsin, the Amateur Radio System consists of volunteer amateur radio operators who have agreed to participate in
emergency situations and has statewide coverage with over 1200 operators.
- Back up to other systems or as a supplement to state or local communications and is activated from the State EOC.
- Primarily, Amateur Radio utilizes either high frequency single side-band voice devices used primarily for point-to-point, or
VHF mobile and hand-held portables operated through repeaters for local communication. High-frequency elements are tested twice a-week
and VHF elements are used regularly.
Wisconsin Section Emergency Coordinator
Wisconsin RACES Chief Radio Officer