Wisconsin Emergency Management offers 3 grants administered by the EPCRA program.
- Planning Grant
- The Planning Grant and the Emergency Management Performance Grant (EPMG) share the same plan of work.
- Local Emergency Planning Committees (LEPCs) must complete plan-of-work components to be reimbursed.
- Award is based on the annual Planning Grant Formula.
- Funded by EPCRA program revenue (fees).
- Computer & Hazmat Equipment
- Maximum total award for counties with an eligible hazardous materials team is $10,000.
- Counties without a county level team are eligible for the computer portion only.
- The grant has an 80%/20% match.
- The match can be in-kind or cash.
- Award criteria is based on an approved equipment list and funding available.
- Funding comes from state general revenue (GPR).
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness (HMEP) Sub-Grant
- Training and Planning grant funded by US DOT (EPCRA administers the planning portion)
- Purpose is to improve the delivery of EPCRA and enhance planning efforts with a focus on transportation.
- Training grants are to be used by HMEP subgrantees for the funding of training activities that enhance the capabilities of states, territories, and Native American governments.
- Training should be developed and delivered in accordance with requirements for emergency responders under National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standard 472.
- Training grants are to be used by HMEP subgrantees for training public sector employees to respond safely and efficiently to accidents and incidents involving the transportation of hazardous materials.